Important: NETGEAR has stopped support for ReadyNAS devices running OS 4 firmware (i.e. RAIDiator 4.1.16). Although old versions of ReadyNAS Vault might still work on devices running OS 4, newer versions of ReadyNAS Vault, like the version included in this article, might not work. We recommend upgrading to a newer device model with a modern chipset and supported firmware version (greater than OS 4). Since ReadyNAS Vault is powered by ElephantDrive, your account/subscription will work with other NAS devices which can run ElephantDrive. For more information, visit https://support.elephantdrive.com/hc/en-us/categories/200328548-NAS-Support.
How to Manually Update the ReadyNAS Vault App
- Go to your ReadyNAS web interface (Frontview) using the NAS IP address (e.g. 10.0.1.190)
- If you don't know the NAS IP address, download and run RAIDar™. Then, select your device and click "Setup"
- Download the add-on for your ReadyNAS device SERIES from the links below to your local computer.
You can find the model of your ReadyNAS in the RAIDar listed under Model OR you can find the model on the ReadyNAS web interface.
- Follow the installation instructions for your NAS OS version:
- OS 4: From the Frontview, go to System → Update → Local → Browse and locate the add-on that you downloaded from the link above → Verify and Upload Image.
- OS 5: From the Frontview, go to Add-ons → Add Add-on → Browse and locate the add-on that you downloaded from the link above → Upload.
- OS 6: From the Frontview, go to Apps → Upload → Browse and locate the add-on that you downloaded from the link above → Upload . Once the upload is finished, please reboot your device.
- Note: In order for the Add-on installation to complete successfully, you will need to reboot your ReadyNAS device. For this reason, it might be best to schedule the update during a time that no users are using the device.